Troubleshooting LRM analysis module not available at run start on NextSeq 500/550
The Local Run Manager (LRM) software is an integrated solution for recording samples for a run, specifying run parameters, monitoring status, analyzing sequencing data, and viewing results. LRM provides a run setup interface specific to the selected analysis module. Thus an analysis module is required to set up new runs with LRM and perform data analysis on completed sequencing runs.
Which analysis module to install?
- Depending on the project, library prep kit and analysis needed, different analysis modules may be required for analysis.
- For example, DNA Amplicon Analysis Module, 16S Metagenomics Analysis Module, RNA Amplicon Analysis Module.
- The LRM v2 and v3 modules can be found on the Illumina support site via the Local Run Manager Software Downloads page.
- When starting a new project, if there is uncertainty around which module to use or what kind of analysis will be conducted, install the Local Run Manager 'Generate FASTQ' analysis module, and use it to create and start the run.
- Sequencing data can be reanalyzed from FASTQ files generated using this module.
How to install modules: LRM modules are easily installed. When installing a module, use a Windows User Account with admin privileges (required). By default, this is .\sbsadmin.
Follow steps below to install LRM modules:
- 1.Download the module installer to the C:\Illumina folder.
- 2.Extract (unzip) the installer and double click the .msi file to begin the installation.
- Select 'Yes' to grant permission if prompted by Windows 10 to run installer.
- If an error notification pops regarding "insufficient privileges" while attempting to launch the installer, the 'Software Restriction Policy' (SRP) may need to be disabled prior to installation.
- To disable the SRP:
- 1.Confirm that a sequencing run is not in progress because this process could interrupt the run.
- 2.Open a Windows File Explorer and navigate to the C:\Illumina\Security folder.
- 3.Double-click Disable.reg and acknowledge the prompts.
- 4.Launch the installer.
- 5.Once the software has successfully been installed, reenable the SRP by double-clicking Enable.reg and acknowledging the prompts.
- 3.Select Next to continue the installation.
- 4.Select Next if user management is turned off, or provide the LRM admin account login.
- The default LRM admin login account is admin, and the default password is password. However, users are required to change password at first log in.
- 5.Installation will continue and takes a couple minutes to complete.
- 6.Select Finish to finalize installation.