Comment on page
Troubleshooting "Unsuccessfully attempted to launch module type" error with LRMv3 on MiSeq
The Local Run Manager (LRM) software is an integrated solution for recording samples for a run, specifying run parameters, monitoring status, analyzing sequencing data, and viewing results. LRM provides a run setup interface specific to the selected analysis module.
Users running LRM version 3 (LRM v3) may encounter an error when importing sample sheet previously generated in LRM while setting up a run in Sample Sheet Mode as follows.
- Error message: ‘Unsuccessfully attempted to launch module type GenerateFastQWorkflow’
- Error may include any/all the v3 LRM Modules: includes GenerateFASTQ 3.0.1, LibraryQC v2.1.0, Resequencing v3.0.1, DNA Amplicon v3.0.0 and other modules.
This issue may be a transient communication error that may be resolved by a power cycle of the instrument.
- For further information, search for Knowledge Base articles How to shut down or power cycle the MiSeq and How To Power Cycle the MiSeq Video.
If issues persist, uninstall the module indicated by the error and then re-install it. Then, import the sample sheet again via MiSeq Control Software (MCS).
How to install modules: LRM modules are easily installed. When installing a module, use a Windows User Account with admin privileges (required). By default, this is .\sbsadmin.
Follow steps below to install LRM modules:
- 1.Download the module installer to the C:\Illumina folder.
- 2.Extract (unzip) the installer and double click the .msi file to begin the installation.* Select Yes to grant permission if prompted by Windows 10 to run installer.
- If an error notification pops up regarding "insufficient privileges" while attempting to launch the installer, the 'Software Restriction Policy' (SRP) may need to be disabled prior to installation.
- To disable the SRP: 1. Confirm that a sequencing run is not in progress because this process can interrupt the run. 2. Open a Windows File Explorer and navigate to the C:\Illumina\Security folder. 3. Double-click Disable.reg and acknowledge the prompts. 4. Launch the installer. 5. Once the software has successfully been installed, reenable the SRP by double-clicking Enable.reg and acknowledging the prompts.
- 3.Select Next to continue the installation.
- 4.Select Next if user management is turned off, or provide the LRM admin account login.* The default LRM admin login account is “admin”, and the default password is “password”. However, users are required to change password at first log in.
- 5.Installation will continue and takes a couple minutes to complete.
- 6.Select Finish to finalize installation.
Last modified 12d ago