Comment on page
Troubleshooting unable to login to Windows based sequencing system
When trying to reset the admin password on a Windows sequencing system without entering the current password, users may get an error: “This feature requires removable media, such as USB flash drive. Please connect a USB flash drive, and then try again.”
The reset password workflow requires that the user has previously created a password reset key on a USB flash drive. This key acts as an alternative authentication method and allows the user to reset the password on the sbsadmin account without the current password. As this is not part of our standard install workflow, the majority of users will not have this keyed USB flash drive.
- 1.Check if anyone in the lab or IT group (that has access to the instrument) has changed the password.
- 2.If the instrument is connected to a Domain, check with the lab's IT team, as they may be able to use a domain admin account to unlock the local sbsadmin account.
- 3.If still unable to access sbsadmin account:
- 1.For the iSeq 100, search for Knowledge Base article Restore to Factory Settings Option on iSeq 100 and follow the steps.
- 1.If user has access to sbsadmin but is locked out of sbsuser, search for Knowledge Base article How to change sbsuser credential from sbsadmin account on Windows instrument and follow the steps.
- 2.For the NextSeq 1000/2000 (Linux system), search for Knowledge Base article How to change passwords on the NextSeq 1000/2000.