Comment on page
Air filter replacement on the NovaSeq X/X Plus
The NovaSeq X/X Plus air filter is single use and covers the intake fan in the bottom drawer on the front of the instrument. A clean filter ensures proper cooling and prevents debris from entering the system, and should be replaced at least every 3 months.
The instrument is shipped with one air filter and three spares are included at installation. Additional spares are included with each instrument Service Contract renewal.
Use the following instructions to replace an expired air filter every 3 months. After replacing the air filter, reset the air filter expiration.
- 1.Select the instrument icon to open the global navigation menu.
- 2.Select Settings, and then select Unlock doors.
- 3.Select both sides, and then select Unlock doors. The instrument doors will unlock and you can the access the air filter drawer.
- 4.Press and hold the latch under the air filter drawer located at the bottom of the instrument, then pull the filter drawer (A) open.
- 5.Remove the used air filter and discard.
- 6.Insert the new air filter so the label is facing towards you.
- 7.Press and hold the latch under the air filter drawer, then close the filter drawer.
- 8.On the Unlock doors screen, select Reset filter expiry.
- 9.Make sure the instrument doors are shut, and then select Lock doors.