Comment on page
Troubleshooting frozen MiSeq Control Software
The MiSeq Control Software (MCS) may freeze if the instrument has not been power cycled for an extended period of time.
Freezing can also occur when instruments have been idle and a maintenance wash is performed.
- 1.Listen to determine whether any of the MiSeq motors are being used for sequencing.
- 2.If noises can be heard, it is most likely that the run is still ongoing.
- Let the run continue.
- 3.If there are no noises coming from the MiSeq, try one of the following options:
- 1.If the software does not close by selecting X in the upper right corner, press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open Task Manager. Right-click MiSeq Control Software and End Process.
- 2.Perform a full power cycle* on the instrument.
- 4.If the software still does not close, perform a hard reboot by turning off the power switch on the back of the instrument.
- This is the least desirable option and should only be used if the software will not close using the previously described methods.
- If issues with initialization occur after a hard reboot, perform an additional full power cycle.*
*For further information, search for Knowledge Base articles How to Shut down or power cycle the MiSeq and How to Power Cycle the MiSeq Video.
Last modified 12d ago