Introducing TeamViewer for Remote Desktop Share with Illumina Support Teams
Using TeamViewer for remote desktop shares requires a one-time download of the TeamViewer QuickSupport application. Navigate to the appropriate TeamViewer QuickSupport support site for Linux, Windows, or Mac OS (depending on which OS is on the computer you want to share the desktop from) and scroll down to find the download icon for the TeamViewer QuickSupport application. Select the download icon to download the software installer. The Linux option will directly download your software installer.
After it has been downloaded onto an Illumina instrument or personal computer, follow the instructions for the appropriate operating software to install the application on your desktop.
Installation on a Windows OS
- After QuickSupport.exe has been saved to the desktop, double-click to launch
Installing on a Mac OS
- 1.Save the installer to the local system.
- 2.Locate and double-click installer to initiate installation.
- 3.Follow prompts to complete installation.
- 4.Locate the application and double-click to launch once installation completes.
- Tip: Create a shortcut for TeamViewer QuickSupport on the desktop for easy access.
Installing on a Linux OS
The NextSeq 1000/2000 computer is currently the only Linux-based Illumina instrument. TeamViewer QuickSupport is installed by Field Service Engineers during instrument installation. If you encounter issues with the TeamViewer QuickSupport software on a NextSeq 1000/2000, use the following instructions to install it. The Teamviewer for Linux quick support tool can be directly downloaded here.
- 1.Save the downloaded folder (teamviewerqs) to the desktop.
- 2.Extract by right-clicking and selecting open with Archive Manager.
- 3.Highlight folder and choose to extract.
- 4.Navigate to the desktop for the extract to location and choose to extract.
- 5.After it has been extracted, open the folder and double-click “teamviewer.desktop”.
- 6.A TeamViewer desktop shortcut will be created within the folder, which can be saved on the desktop.
Sharing your Desktop with Illumina Support
When setting up a remote desktop share session with Illumina support, double-click the QuickSupport application icon on your desktop.
After the application has launched, you will see a QuickSupport window that includes Your ID and Password. Provide Your ID and Password to the Illumina Support team to set up the remote desktop session.
Your ID is specific to the computer/instrument the application is installed on and will not change. Your Password will change every time the TeamViewer QuickSupport application is launched. Illumina support can only connect to your computer if the TeamViewer QuickSupport application is open and they have your current Password. When using TeamViewer QS, the Software Restriction Policies (SRP) Windows feature must be disabled to run this program. SRP must be disabled each time TeamViewer is run unless TeamViewer is added as an exception to SRP. Follow instructions outlined in How to disable and add Exceptions to the Software Restriction Policies (SRP) for TeamViewer in Windows 10 Operating System (OS) bulletin to disable SRP and add TeamViewer QS as an exception.
If you are interested in learning more about the security of using TeamViewer, see the TeamViewer Security Site.
For any feedback or questions regarding this article (Illumina Knowledge Article #3599), contact Illumina Technical Support [email protected].