How to perform a System Check on the MiSeq
System checks are not required for the normal operation and maintenance of an Illumina sequencing platform. Rather, the system checks are used for troubleshooting purposes.
- For all system checks, if an instrument wash is due, perform the wash before starting a system check.
- Always power cycle before performing the system checks.
* The Tip/Tilt and Full Optics tests require a special beaded flow cell and must only be performed by an Illumina Engineer.
** If performing a volume test on a system running MiSeq Control Software (MCS) 2.6 or lower only, the sippers must be manually raised and lowered to check the PR2 position. When prompted, remove any droplets from the wash bottle sipper, as follows.
- 1.Slowly raise the sipper handle and check the wash bottle sipper for the presence of a large water droplet.
- 2.Slowly lower the sipper handle far enough into the water to allow the surface tension to remove the droplet.
- 3.Slowly raise the sipper handle and check the wash bottle sipper for the presence of a large water droplet.
- 4.Slowly lower the sipper handle completely, making sure that the sippers lower into the wash bottle and waste bottle.
- For further information, search for Knowledge Base article System checks for Illumina Sequencing Platforms.
- For further information, search for Knowledge Base article How to power cycle the MiSeq.