Comment on page
How to troubleshoot The process cannot access the file error on MiSeq
"The process cannot access..." errors can occur when a file is being scanned by anti-virus software during the run, or when a communication issue occurs between the hardware and software.* The run will often stop at the start of the next read. For example, if a virus scan is performed during Read 1, the run will stop at the start of Index Read 1.
ERROR: The process cannot access the file 'D:\Illumina\MiSeqTemp[RUN FOLDER]\Recipe\RunState.xml' because it is being used by another process.
- 1.Determine if the run stopped or is paused.
- 1.For MiSeq Control Software (MCS) v4.0.0 this notification can show up during cluster generation steps and will not stop the run. Acknowledge the notification and the run will proceed.
- 2.If the run stopped:
- 1.Perform a Post-run wash.
- 2.Power cycle MiSeq (Note that if a run is in progress, it will not be able to be resumed).
- 3.If the instrument initializes without error and no virus scan/GPO activity is enabled then proceed to setup the next run.
- 4.If a virus scan or Group Policy Objects (GPO) activity occurred, update the settings before the next run following the guidance provided below or request that the settings be updated by the institutional internal IT department before setting up the next run.
Last modified 12d ago