Comment on page
Troubleshooting unable to locate D:\ drive or cartridge failed to unload error on iSeq 100
This issue has been observed after an iSeq 100 factory reset and/or a software re-install.
After a factory reset and/or software reinstall, sometimes it is not possible to exit out of the iSeq 100 Control Software (ICS).
Error: The system could not restore to a safe state prior to exiting, retry, if failure persists hold the button on the side of the instrument until the lights dim
- The above error usually coincides with other errors, such as:
- Cartridge failed to unload. Retry unloading the current cartridge
- Unable to connect to the D:\ drive
- Process Management cannot display runs because the hard drive D:\ is missing
- 1.Check if both error messages: “Cartridge failed to unload. Retry unloading the current cartridge” and “Unable to exit application…” coincide.
- 2.In ICS, navigate to Process Management and check for any errors similar to the “Unable to connect to the D:\ drive” error.
- 3.Check for drives to see if D:\ is present.
- 4.If D:\ drive is absent and instead E:\ drive is present, navigate to Disk Management (by right-clicking on the windows start button).
- 5.Change the drive letter from E: to D:
- 6.Restart Windows and reopen ICS.
Last modified 2mo ago