How to update Windows 10 account credentials on Benchtop Instruments
Benchtop Instruments running the Windows 10 Operating System (OS), may require periodic password updates. When prompted, as shown in Figure 1a, select OK, then update the Windows password, as shown in Figure 1b.
Figure 1a. Password update prompt.
Figure 1b. Password update.
Universal Copy Service (UCS) and Local Run Manager (LRM) are components of the Control Software which are used to transfer sequencing run data, setup runs, and analyze data. These components run as Windows services which may be configured to Log On As any Windows account. Changing the password of a Windows account running UCS or LRM services will not automatically update the passwords for the services. This article provides instructions for updating the UCS and LRM service passwords following a Windows account password update.
f the password for a Windows account which is running the UCS and LRM services is updated in Windows, but not in the LRM and UCS services, the instrument may fail to operate. Disabled operation prevents new run settings from being entered and data transfer from completing. Control software may fail to initialize, or the following errors may occur.
- Cannot initiate communication with Universal Copy Service. Make sure that the service is installed and started.
- The following required software is either not installed or not running. Sequence cannot be performed until this problem is fixed. Contact Illumina Technical Support. Universal Copy Service.
To update UCS and LRM service credentials, see the following instructions:
- 1.Select the Windows icon in the lower left corner of the screen. In the Windows search field, enter Services as shown in Figure 5. When Services appears in the results, right-click and select Run as administrator.
- 2.If prompted, enter administrator credentials (by default the credentials will be the sbsadmin user credentials) in the pop-up window.
- 3.Locate the Illumina services.
- 4.Right-click on Illumina Local Run Manager Analysis Service. Select Stop.
- 5.Right-click again on Illumina Local Run Manager Analysis Service .
- 6.Select Properties and navigate to the Log On tab.
- 7.Select This account and Browse to search for the account. In the Select User window, select Advanced and then Find Now. Select the Windows account for which the password was just updated (default sbsuser) from the search results.
- 8.Select OK to acknowledge both windows.
- 9.Enter the new account (default sbsuser) password, select Apply and OK.
- 10.Restart the service.
- 11.Repeat steps 410 for Illumina Local Run Manager Job Service, Illumina Universal Copy Service,and Illumina Run Copy Service if they are present in the list.
- 12.Shut down and restart the system.
- 13.For how to cache credentials for Read/Write access to Network Storage and verify Read/Write access search for Knowledge article How to cache credentials for access to Network Storage and verify Read/Write access.
Figure 2. In Windows Services, select Run as administrator.
Figure 3. Selecting Properties for Illumina Universal Copy Service.
Figure 4. Selecting the local user credentials after clicking Find Now.
For more detailed instructions, first-time setup, or to update the Internet Information Services (IIS) LRM user credentials for importing runs, refer to the Knowledge article How to cache credentials for access to Network Storage and verify Read/Write access.