Approximate sizes of sequencing run output folders
The run folder sizes listed in this bulletin should be used only as an approximation. Folder size will vary depending on the raw cluster density and the number of clusters passing filter. Folder sizes are based on runs with optimal cluster densities for each platform and dual indexing. For runs on nonpatterned flow cells, the size approximations are based on runs with pass filter greater than 80%. Additional run folder size considerations:
- iSeq 100 folder sizes include FASTQ files generated by the Local Run Manager FASTQ workflow.
- MiniSeq, NextSeq 500/550 (NextSeq Control Software v4.0 and higher) folder sizes include FASTQ files generated by the Local Run Manager FASTQ workflow.
- MiSeq folder sizes include FASTQ files generated by the MiSeq Reporter FASTQ workflow and MiSeq (MiSeq Control Software 3.1 and higher) Local Run Manager FASTQ workflow.
- NextSeq 1000/2000 folder sizes include local analysis output, which can add another 25–120+ GB depending on workflow.
- HiSeq 1500/2500, HiSeq 3000/4000, HiSeq X, and NovaSeq 6000 folders do not include FASTQ files as part of the total output folder size.
- Folder sizes for HiSeq 1500/2500, HiSeq 3000/4000, HiSeq X, and NovaSeq 6000 are representative of a single flow cell.
Illumina recommends storing the output folder for iSeq 100, NextSeq 500/550, NextSeq 1000/2000, HiSeq 1500/2500, HiSeq 3000/4000, and HiSeq X runs on a network location. NovaSeq Control Software requires the output folder to be stored on a network location.
The output folder size in these tables is reported in gigabytes.
For any feedback or questions regarding this article (Illumina Knowledge Article #1508), contact Illumina Technical Support [email protected].