How to troubleshoot Bit Error during pre run checks on the NextSeq 500/550 and MiniSeq
A ‘Bit error check failed’ error can indicate a transient communication issue with the instrument control software (Figure 1). The error can occur when launching the instrument control software on the NextSeq 500/550 or MiniSeq or when performing the pre-run check. Usually the error can be resolved by power cycling the instrument.
Figure 1. "Bit error check failed Originally caused by: DMA Read failed with return code 32" To Power Cycle the Instrument:
- 1.From home screen, select Manage Instrument.
- 2.Select System Shutdown Options.
- 3.Select Shut Down to close the control software and turn off the instrument.
- 4.When the instrument is off, wait 3-5 minutes and turn the instrument back on by pressing the power button in the front.
- 5.Let the control software initialize.
After the power cycle is complete and the control software is initialized, repeat run setup and perform the pre-run check. If the pre-run check passes without error proceed with the sequencing run. No further action is required. If the issue persists, contact Illumina Technical Support for additional assistance. Additional Resources:
For any feedback or questions regarding this article (Illumina Knowledge Article #6684), contact Illumina Technical Support [email protected].