Run folder sizes and Disk Space on the MiSeq
All run folder sizes listed below should be used only as an approximation.
- Folder size will vary depending on the raw cluster density and the number of clusters passing filter for the run.
- The examples below are based on dual-indexing runs with optimal clustering and clusters passing filter greater than 80%. The following also include FASTQ files generated on the instrument by MiSeq Reporter or Local Run Manager.
- The MiSeq hard drive is 700 GB total.
- 141 GB are partitioned to C:\ for Operating System Files and Illumina Software Installation.
- The remaining 559 GB are allocated for D:, where run data is stored, the following way: