Comment on page
Power Cycle and Port Reset Sequence for two iScans and one AutoLoader
- Ensure that the computer local hard drives have free memory space and are not full.
- Check that the instruments are plugged in with no loose cables.
Section I: SHUT DOWN SYSTEM
- 1.Close all programs on both PCs. Use Task Manager to force-quit open programs, if necessary.
- 2.Turn off the AutoLoader using the hard power switch at the base.
- 3.Turn off the host iScan using the hard power switch.
- 4.Reset the COM ports in the host PC using PortManager 2.0. For instructions, follow steps 3-6 of Section III: RESET COM PORTS.
- 5.Turn off the host PC using the Start Menu > Shut Down.
- 6.Turn off the remote iScan using the hard power switch.
- 7.Reset the COM ports in the remote PC using Port Manager 2.0. For instructions, follow steps 3-6 of Section III: RESET COM PORTS .
- 8.Turn off the remote PC using the Start Menu > Shut Down.
- 9.Wait at least 3 minutes.
Section II: RESTART SYSTEM
- 1.Turn on the host PC and log in if prompted.
- 2.Wait 2 minutes for the host PC to completely reboot.
- 3.Turn on the remote PC and log in if prompted.
- 4.Wait 2 minutes for the remote PC to completely reboot.
- 5.Turn on the host iScan using the hard power switch.
- 6.Wait 1 minute.
- 7.Turn on the remote iScan using the hard power switch.
- 8.Wait 1 minute.
- 9.On the host PC, open This PC/My Computer to confirm that the iScan drive is detected. The iScan drive may be named Archimedes, DoNotEject, or as a letter drive. The iScan drive folder contents include:
- If the iScan drive is detected, proceed to step 10.
- If not, the ports need to be reset again on both computers and both iScans must be power cycled. Repeat Section I: SHUT DOWN procedures starting with step 1.
- If the iScan drive is still not detected after a completing a second port reset and power cycle sequence:
- 1.Power off the host iScan and host PC.
- 2.Try reseating the USB cable at right hand side of the host iScan and on the back for the host PC, or try a different USB port on the host PC.
- 10.Turn on the AutoLoader using the hard power switch at the base.
- 11.Start the AutoLoader 2.x Service software on the remote PC:
- On the remote PC, check if the AutoLoader 2.x Service software icon appears in the Windows taskbar on the lower right side of the screen, near the time. Expand all icons if necessary since some icons may be hidden.
- If the icon appears in the taskbar:
- 1.Right-click the icon.
- 2.Select Start.
- If the icon does not appear in the taskbar:
- 1.Locate and double-click the AutoLoaderService.exe file in the C:\Program Files\Illumina\AutoLoader Service folder.
- 2.In the Illumina AutoLoader Service dialog box that opens, click the “…” button and browse to the folder where the iScan Control Software is installed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Illumina\iScan Control Software.
- 3.Select Start.
- 4.On the host PC, start the iScan Control Software (ICS). In a dual-reader configuration, ICS needs to be run only on the host PC.
- 5.ICS on the host PC will automatically detect the AutoLoader, then asks “Automatic scan is enabled on this system, do you want to use AutoLoader2x?”
- 14.Select "Yes" to run ICS in automatic mode (with the AutoLoader). ICS will verify the login information for one or both readers and the ICS welcome screen will open.
- 15.Proceed with scanning beadchips.
Section III: RESET COM PORTS
- 1.Close iScan Control Software (ICS), if open.
- 2.Turn off iScan.
- 3.Launch PortManager 2.0 by double-clicking the icon on the iScan PC’s Desktop.
- If OS compatibility error message is seen, click OK to acknowledge the message:1. Right click the PortManager\_v2.0.exe icon and select Properties.2. Select the Compatibility tab.3. Check the ‘Run the program in compatibility mode for’ check box.4. Select the iScan PC’s OS in the pull-down menu. If the OS is not listed in the pull-down menu, choose ‘Windows XP (Service Pack 3)’:
- 4.Select the first port and select "Remove Device". The ports do not have to be in sequential order to complete this process.
- 5.Repeat for each port until the port field is completely empty.
- 6.Select "OK" when finished.
- Continue with shut down procedures in Section I: SHUT DOWN SYSTEM.
- Continue with restart procedures in Section II: RESTART SYSTEM.
- 7.If issue/error persists, select the column header “Port Name” to sort the COM ports and verify the correct number of ports detected.
- If any of the ports are missing (aside from COM2), repeat Section III: RESET COM PORTS procedure starting at step 1.