How to shut down or power cycle the MiSeq
Illumina recommends keeping the MiSeq instrument on at all times. However, if the MiSeq must be turned off, perform a maintenance wash first, and then use the Shut Down command within the Manage Instrument screen to safely shut down Windows. If the instrument will not be used within seven days, make sure to prepare the fluidics system to sit idle. For more information, see the MiSeq System User Guide.
Shut down instructions
- 1.Perform a maintenance wash.
- 2.Remove the waste bottle and discard the contents appropriately. Return the waste bottle to the reagent compartment.
- 3.Close the reagent compartment door.
- 4.From the Home screen, select Manage Instrument.
- 5.Select Shut Down to shut down the software.
- 6.Toggle the power switch at the back of the instrument to the OFF position.
NOTE: Upon re-initializing the instrument, a maintenance wash must be performed to rehydrate the instrument fluidics system.
Power cycle instructions
- 1.From the Home Screen, select Manage Instrument.
- 2.Select Shutdown.
- 3.Toggle the power switch at the back of the instrument to the OFF position.
- 4.Wait a minimum of 60 seconds before turning the power switch back to the ON position.
This information is also available in video form. Search for Knowledge Base article How to Power Cycle the MiSeq Video.