Bead handling best practices
- Store beads at the recommended storage temperature (listed on the tube).
- Store bead stock tube upright so that the beads are always submerged in buffer.
- Pipette bead suspensions slowly.
- Before use, allow the beads to come to room temperature.
- Immediately before use, vortex the beads until they are well dispersed. The color of the liquid must appear homogeneous. Vortex throughout protocol as necessary to keep homogeneous.
- Do not overdry the beads prior to elution.
- Use the specified magnetic stand for the plate.
- Do not agitate the plate while it is on the magnetic stand.
- Do not disturb the bead pellet.
- Dispense liquid so that beads on the side of the wells remain wet.
- Keep the plate on the magnetic stand until the instructions specify to remove it.
- If beads adhere to the side or top of a 96-well plate, centrifuge at 280 x g for 3 seconds, then pipette to resuspend.
- If beads are aspirated into pipette tips, dispense back to the plate on the magnetic stand, and wait until the liquid is clear (~2 minutes).