Comment on page
Troubleshooting Y Motor Errors on the MiSeq
The following MiSeq Y motor errors usually stop the run and indicate communication problems with the stage or problems with stage hardware:* Y Motor: Closed-loop move cannot reach target position: Start = 75.4150390625 mm, Target = 75.40472 mm, Distance = -0.0103190625000025 mm, Stopped at 74.42236328125 mm, ExceptionMessage =
- The FPGA reported an error while executing command "YMVTO 154429"; error message: "Error: too many steps needed"
- Error: Timeout of 60.000 seconds exceeded while waiting for FPGA command "YMVTILE 1327" to complete
Troubleshooting Steps:1. Perform the post-run wash, if the run stops or after the run is completed. 2. Power cycle* the MiSeq. 3. If no issues with re-initialization, perform the Y Stage test 5 times.
- Make sure that a used flow cell is loaded on the instrument (the same wash flow cell should be okay).
- Select Y Stage test.
- MiSeq Control Software (MCS) v 4.0: From Main Menu, select System Check.
- MCS 3.1 and older: From Welcome Screen, select Manage Instrument, select System Check.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to start the test, and repeat the test 4 more times (5 times total).
- 4.If all Y Stage tests pass continue with normal sequencing.
For further information, search for the following Knowledge Base articles:* *How to Shut down or power cycle the MiSeq.
- *How To Power Cycle the MiSeq Video.
- System Checks on MiSeq.
Last modified 12d ago