Comment on page
Troubleshooting Z motor errors occurring mid run on the MiSeq
A Z motor error occurring mid-run can be caused by instrument fluidics, debris, smudges on the flow cell, or library overclustering issues.
ERROR: While trying to find focus, the Z stage has attempted to move outside its acceptable range.
- 1.Confirm reagent kits were not expired at the time of the run.
- 2.Confirm the quality and quantification of the library were as expected and were checked in accordance with Illumina-recommended methods.
- 3.Contact Illumina Technical Support with the following run files to review the library performance.
- 1.From within D:\Illumina\MiSeqTemp<run folder>, send: InterOp folder RunParameters.xml RunInfo.xml Thumbnail_Images\L001\C1.1 (cycle 1)* *Send cycles 1-10 and the last 10 cycles before the run failed.
- 4.Power cycle* the instrument.
- 5.If the instrument initializes successfully, perform a System Check on the instrument.
- 6.If the system check passes and Technical Support does not suspect a library-related issue, proceed with setting up the next run.
For further information, search for the following Knowledge Base articles:
- *How to Shut down or power cycle the MiSeq.
- *How To Power Cycle the MiSeq Video.
- System checks on Miseq.
Last modified 12d ago