Comment on page
Troubleshooting a blank BaseSpace screen or The request timestamp is in the future during run setup
To connect successfully to BaseSpace Sequencing Hub (BSSH) during run setup, the date and time on the instrument computer need to match the local date and time. If the time reported on the instrument is different from the local time, a "The request timestamp is in the future" error, or a blank screen might occur when trying to log into a BSSH account via the instrument control software (Figure 1). This bulletin describes the step-by-step process for correcting the date/time on an instrument.
Figure 1. A blank screen when trying to log into BSSH may occur is the local date and time on the instrument is incorrect.
Correct the instrument date and time by following these steps:
- 1.Log in as sbsadmin or any other account with administrator privileges.
- 2.Exit the instrument control software and navigate to the desktop.
- 3.Navigate to the Windows button on the bottom-left side of the desktop.
- 4.Start typing to search Time and select Change the date and time under the system settings. ï»¿
- 5.Under Current date and time, navigate to Set time zone automatically and toggle this option to the On position.
- 6.Confirm that the instrument computer time is correct.
- 7.Open the control software again and repeat run setup.
Note: The instrument computer date/time can be corrected manually. This is not recommended as a long-term solution, because it does not account for daylight-savings.
If issues logging into BSSH through the control software persist, this might indicate that communication ports are blocked, or Illumina services are not running as expected. Contact Illumina Technical Support for further assistance.
Last modified 12d ago